Disaster Management Unit
Mr Khuselo Qupe
Tel: 046 603 6051
DISASTER MANAGEMENT UNIT
- Recruitment and Training of Disaster management Volunteers
- Conduct disaster management awareness programmes at schools, farmers associations and for the general community.
- Informs the above-mentioned groups of possible disaster areas, dangers associated with it and how to deal with disaster situations.
- Prepares disaster management plans to ensure maximum emergency plans for its area
- Ensures that disaster management plans:
✔ Form an integral part of the IDP
✔ Anticipate the types of disaster that are likely to occur and their possible affects
✔ Provide prevention and initiation strategies
✔ Contain contingency plans and emergency procedures in the event of a disaster.
- Municipal Manager
- Directorate: Corporate & Shared Services
- Directorate: Budget & Treasury
- Directorate: Local Economic Development & Planning
- Directorate: Engineering & Infrastructural Services
- Directorate: Public Safety & Community Services