Electricity and Energy
Mr Mzomhle Radu
Tel: 046 603 6111
It is responsible for the maintenance of and extensions to the distribution network, which includes overhead lines, substations, underground cable networks, street and highmast lighting, the wind turbine and the Electricity and Energy Directorate’s fleet of vehicles.
The objective of the division is to ensure that electricity supplies of an acceptable standard are made available to customers, throughout the municipality’s licensed area of supply, at affordable costs and at the right time. This involves planning for the future by forecasting electrical loads for the medium and long term, modeling the network to test its capacity to meet such loads and, where necessary, designing, costing and making budget provision for network reinforcements.
ELECTRIFICATION AND PLANT DIVISION
The objective of the division is to plan and provide electricity to all residents living in informal settlements and low cost housing in the municipal area according to agreed engineering standards, political directives and budgetary limitations in terms of the strategic objectives. It also manages, plans, directs and controls the functions of the Electrification Division by ensuring that informal and low cost housing areas throughout the municipality are electrified; that all the legal beneficiaries occupying municipal houses have access to electricity (basic services) and that they are connected to the electrical network.
INTERGRATED ENERGY MANAGEMENT DIVISION
Revenue Protection Section
- Technical and non-technical losses,
- Load management ,NMD,KVA ,Geyser ripple system,
- Theft of Electricity and Non-Ferrous Metal Theft,
- Metering of all customers,
- Applicable By-law enforcement,
- Electricity tariff management,
- Cultivation and management of Renewal Alternative sources of Electricity e.g.
1. Wind (Innowind Project)
2. Biomass (from wood)
3. Biogass (landfill site and other organic material)
- Non grid energy supplies,
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECTS,
- Poor relief project like Solar geyser installations ,
- Other forms of Energy source cultivation like Bassa njengo–gogo project and other forms of paraffin.
- Municipal Manager
- Directorate: Corporate & Shared Services
- Directorate: Budget & Treasury
- Directorate: Local Economic Development & Planning
- Directorate: Engineering & Infrastructural Services
- Directorate: Public Safety & Community Services