Human Settlements Department
It is our aim to manage, facilitate and co-ordinate houses, hand overs and capacitation workshops with approved beneficiaries. We also facilitate the People Housing Programme (PHP) Workshops, meetings with beneficiaries, Housing Consumer Educations (HCE).
We are responsible for the following service delivery components:
- Low cost Housing Projects: PHP Projects
- Upgrading of informal settlement areas
- Gap housing
- Rural housing
- Blocked projects
- New projects
The Implementation of Mayfield Phase 2 Stage 1 (1000 units) and Planning of new housing projects i.e. Mayfield Phase 2 Stage 2 (1260 units); Ethembeni (±2000 units) and Alicedale (360 units) and Rural Projects: Fort Brown (360 units) & Seven Fountain (360 units) will also bring relief to the plight of communities in dire need for housing development.
- Housing Consumer Education (HCE Training to beneficiaries)
The Consumer Education Programme was established to assist Municipalities to educating potential and existing housing consumers in residential property market to understand Governments role in the provision of housing and the beneficiary/owner responsibilities towards their house.
The Makana council has committed to the implementation of the following programmes:
- Communal Residential Units (CRU)
- Vulnerable and Destitute Group Programme
- Multi-Purpose Community Centre (MPCC)
- Municipal Manager
- Directorate: Corporate & Shared Services
- Directorate: Budget & Treasury
- Directorate: Local Economic Development & Planning
- Directorate: Engineering & Infrastructural Services
- Directorate: Public Safety & Community Services