REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS
RFQ No: 302/2013
PRODUCTION OF A MARKETING GUIDE FOR CRAFTERS
The Makana Municipality invites quotations from experienced and suitable service providers to produce 500 copies of a marketing guide for local crafters
Terms of Reference
- Profile each crafter in terms of the type of craft, location, contact details etc.
- Produce a map( full colour , preferably A4 size folded to A5, showing the location of each crafter / craft entity)
- Provide photography and text
- Provision of samples of previous work is essential
- Size: A4 sized folded in half to A5
- Quantity: 500 copies
- Paper: 80g Dukuza Gloss
- Colour: Full Colour
- Printing: Both sides with self-cover and machine vanished to prevent scuffing
- Calleting and binding: Booklet and pages to be collated and folded as per designer’s instruction and stitched two wires
- Packaging: Completed brochures to be packed in batches of 50 in plastic, placed in boxes and delivered to one address in Grahamstown.
- Images: to be supplied by the successful bidder in a JPEG Format
The quotations are to be placed in two separate envelopes sealed envelopes one for Functionality and the other for Price. Envelopes for functionality will be opened and evaluated first and those bidders’ price envelopes who fail to acquire the minimum 60% qualifying mark on functionality will not be evaluated for price.
Functionality will be scored as follows:
|Clarity of the action plan||30|
|Alignment with the terms of reference||20|
|Knowledge of the Makana Municipal area||20|
THE TWO ENVELOPES MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED “MARKETING GUIDE FOR CRAFTERS” AND MUST BE HAND DELIVERED TO THE FINANCE DIRECTORATE; 86 HIGH STREET; GRAHAMSTOWN; 6139
The following conditions will apply:
- Must be registered on the Municipal Database;
- Price must be VAT inclusive (for all registered vendors);
- The Municipality is not obliged to accept the lowest or any quotation;
- A firm delivery period must be indicated;
- All quotations will be adjudicated in terms of council’s Supply Chain Management Policy;
- The following documentation must be submitted with your quote in order to be considered, failing which will lead to disqualification:
a) An original valid SARS Tax Clearance Certificate
b) A valid Billing Clearance Certificate from your Local Municipality
c) Copy/ies of the Company registration e.g. CK1, CK2, Trust documents, sole provider etc.
d) An original certified copy of the B-BBEE certificate
e) Completed MBD 4 form (Declaration of Interest)
f) Completed MBD 9 form ( Certificate of Independent Bid Determination)
- Please ensure that all returnable documentation are numbered (e.g. page 1 of 5 etc.) and binded in 1 (one ) document ;
- The quotations must be submitted on the Letterhead of your business.
- Please ensure that the returnable documentation is placed in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the RFQ Number & DESCRIPTION on the envelope;
- The quotation box is located upstairs situated in the Finance Directorate, 86 High Street, Grahamstown, (during normal office hours).
- Quotes that are late will not be accepted. Quotations per fax or E-mail will also not be considered.
- The evaluation criteria is 80:20
- Two contactable references must be provided
NB: BIDDERS WHO ARE IN THE SERVICE OF THE STATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Project Manager: Mr T. Sindane Contact Details: 046 603 6124
Closing Date:06 September 2013
Closing Time: 12H00
DR PRAVINE NAIDOO