Apart from its natural, historical and cultural attractions, Makana is also one of South Africa ‘s premier educational centres with a large number of world-class secondary and tertiary educational institutions.
These are spread around the area and include famous establishments such as Rhodes University , Kingswood College, Diocesan School for Girls, St Andrews College, Victoria Girls High School and Graeme College.
Rhodes University – This University was founded in 1904 as an offshoot of St Andrews College. The campus is the most attractive in South Africa and has a very sound academic reputation. It is also well known for its important research projects in many different fields.
Below are links to some of the educational institutions in area:
- Rhodes University: www.ru.ac.za
- Kingswood College: www.kingswoodcollege.com
- The Diocesan School for Girls: www.dsgschool.com
- St Andrew’s College: www.sacschool.com
- Oatlands Preparatory School: www.oatlandsprepschool.co.za
- Graeme College: www.gc.ecape.school.za
- PJ Olivier High School: www.pjolivierhigh.co.za
- Victoria Girls’ High School: www.vghs.co.za
- St Andrew’s Preparatory: www.saprepschool.com
- Eastcape Midlands College: www.emcol.co.za