REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS
QUOTATION NO: 294/2013
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO PRINT SPECIFICATIONS:
IDENTIFICATION OF PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES BETWEEN THE MUNICIPALITY AND GAME RESERVES
The Makana Municipality invites quotations from experienced and suitable service providers to conduct a research on possible partnership opportunities between the municipality and game reserves located within the municipal jurisdiction.
The following are focus areas
- Economic development programmes that can jointly be implemented by the municipality and game reserves.
- Social responsibility programmes that can be incorporated into the IDP for joint Implementation
- Possible marketing platforms for local crafters.
- Opportunities for unemployed tourism graduates
- Any other opportunity that seeks to promote the benefit of SMMEs and participation of the previously disadvantaged groups in the mainstream economy.
The following conditions will apply:
• Must be registered on the Municipal Suppliers Database;
• Price must be VAT inclusive (for all registered vendors);
• The Municipality is not obliged to accept the lowest or any quotation;
• A firm delivery period must be indicated;
• All quotations will be adjudicated in terms of council’s Supply Chain Management Policy;
- A two envelope system will apply
• The following documentation must be submitted with your quote in order to be considered, failing which will lead to disqualification:
a) An original valid SARS Tax Clearance Certificate
b) A valid Billing Clearance Certificate from your Local Municipality
c) Copy/ies of the Company registration e.g. CK1, CK2, Trust documents, sole provider etc.
d) An original certified copy of the B-BBEE certificate
e) Completed MBD 4 form (Declaration of Interest)
f) Completed MBD 9 form (Certificate of Independent Bid Determination)
• Please ensure that all returnable documentation are numbered (e.g. page 1 of 5 etc.) and binded in 1 (one) document;
• The quotations must be submitted on the Letterhead of your business.
• Please ensure that the returnable documentation is placed in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the RFQ Number & DESCRIPTION on the envelope;
• THE QUOTATION BOX IS LOCATED UPSTAIRS SITUATED IN THE FINANCE DIRECTORATE, 86 HIGH STREET, GRAHAMSTOWN, (DURING NORMAL OFFICE HOURS).
• Quotes that are late will not be accepted. Quotations per fax or E-mail will also not be considered.
• The evaluation criteria is 80:20
NB: BIDDERS WHO ARE IN THE SERVICE OF THE STATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
THE QUOTATIONS ARE TO BE PLACED IN TWO SEPARATE ENVELOPES SEALED ENVELOPS ONE FOR FUNCTIONALITY AND THE OTHER FOR PRICE. ENVELOPES FOR FUNCTIONALITY WILL BE OPENED AND EVALUATED FIRST AND THOSE BIDDERS’ PRICE ENVELOPES WHO FAIL TO ACQUIRE THE MINIMUM 60% QUALIFYING MARK ON FUNCTIONALITY WILL NOT BE EVALUATED FOR PRICE.
Functionality will be scored as follows:
|Understanding the project scope||30|
|Knowledge of the economic dynamics of Makana municipality||30|
|Clarity of the Action Plan||10|
The two envelops must be clearly marked “Partnership Opportunities with Game Reserves”
For further enquiries phone Mr T. Sindane @ 046 603 6124
Closing date: 20 SEPTEMBER 2013
DR. P NAIDOO