The Makana Municipality invites quotations from experienced service providers or consortium to
develop SMME MARKET ACCESS STUDY.
Terms of Reference
- Identify the big retailers/business/procures of goods and services in Makana and
- Identify which goods and services they procures and where
- Identify a pool of SMMEs (20 to 30) for supplying those goods and services
- Identify opportunities for the identified SMMEs to supply the identified institutions
- Investigate the criteria/requirements for supplying the identified institutions
- Develop an intervention programme for the identified SMMEs to meet the those criteria
- Engage in identified retailers/business/procures of goods and services for support and
commitments in procuring from the SMMEs
Financial and Payments
Payment to the successful bidder will be on a milestone basis. Detailed costing and invoicing will be
expected from the provider when claiming for payments.
The quotations are to be placed in two separate envelopes sealed envelopes one for Functionality
and the other for Price. Envelopes for functionality will be opened and evaluated first and those
bidders’ price envelopes who fail to acquire the minimum 50% qualifying mark on functionality will
not be evaluated for price.
Functionality will be scored as follows:
The following conditions will apply:
- Must be registered on the Municipal Database;
- Price must be VAT inclusive (for all registered vendors);
- The Municipality is not obliged to accept the lowest or any quotation;
- A firm delivery period must be indicated;
- All quotations will be adjudicated in terms of council’s Supply Chain Management Policy;
- The following documentation must be submitted with your quote in order to be considered, failing which will lead to disqualification:
a) An original valid SARS Tax Clearance Certificate
b) A valid Billing Clearance Certificate from your Local Municipality
c) Copy/ies of the Company registration e.g. CK1, CK2, Trust documents, sole provider etc.
d) An original certified copy of the B-BBEE certificate
e) Completed MBD 4 form (Declaration of Interest)
f) Completed MBD 9 form ( Certificate of Independent Bid Determination)
- Please ensure that all returnable documentation are numbered (e.g. page 1 of 5 etc.) and binded in 1 (one ) document ;
- The quotations must be submitted on the Letterhead of your business.
- The two envelops should be clearly marked “SMME Market Access Study”.
- The quotation box is located upstairs situated in the Finance Directorate, 86 High Street, Grahamstown, (during normal office hours).
- Quotes that are late will not be accepted. Quotations per fax or E-mail will also not be considered.
- The evaluation criteria is 80:20
NB: BIDDERS WHO ARE IN THE SERVICE OF THE STATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Project Manager: Mr. S. Laserus Contact Details: (046) 603 6175
Closing Date: 26 August 2013
Closing Time: 12H00
DR PRAVINE NAIDOO